Monday 20 August 2012

The scuttling

Last night, I found myself sitting on my sofa, watching TV. My show was on, I had nothing else to do, I was comfortable, well I say comfortable but... On the wall, I could see a spider, not insanely big, but big enough to make someone with arachnophobia nervous. It didn't move, it was as if... it was looking at me. I stood up -grabbed a book -  and walked towards this spider and crushed it with the force of the book.

I went back to the sofa, but before I could even sit down, I noticed that at a different point on the wall, there were two of those spiders... watching me. I killed these spiders in the same way and again, went to return to the sofa, before I even started to walk back though, I saw three on the opposite side of the room, watching me! I killed these with more force than the others, I was getting annoyed. What struck me as odd though was that I killed one of the three, the other two didn't react... at all.

Before I could even turn around this time, I began to hear it, the scuttling, the scratching of those bug legs against the walls, it was suddenly so loud against my ears. I looked around the room and to my horror, I could see not just spiders but just about every bug I could name... everywhere, they were on the walls, on the floor, on the sofa, they were even on the TV screen.  How could I have not noticed them?

With my realisation of these bugs, the scuttling stopped and they all turned towards me... staring at me. I glanced towards my door, planning to escape and the scuttling started again, with more force. I turned around, fear now apparent on my face to see these bugs coming towards me, fast. They began climbing me, over my trousers, under my trousers, I could feel them all over my skin! Crawling, biting, scratching and still climbing. They reached my arms, I tried my best to shake them off, but every time I did, within a second, they would be replaced by even more bugs! I couldn't even move, the bugs were restricting me!

They eventually reached my head and they began to crawl inside of me, through every available opening on my face. I tried to let out a scream but the bugs inside of my throat blocked it. They were now inside of me and I could feel them... I could feel them crawling on my organs, I could see them moving underneath my skin.

My vision began to go black, but before I had passed out, I could see that figure, wearing a top hat, with an even bigger grin on their face.

...and then I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. It is useless to escape. Your dreams shall haunt you until the day you die. And you shall never get used to it. It is always different. You shall be a slave to your own nightmares.

    ReplyDelete